Sunday, October 19, 2008

Qingdao is for fishers























I traveled to Qingdao, the home of Tsingtao Beer and the site of the Olympics sailing events, over the Golden Week holiday the first week of October. I'm finally getting around to posting my pictures and have put up a few here, and many more on my shutterfly site at http://americanfair.shutterfly.com/

Qingdao's beaches are known for the small minnow-like fish and quarter-sized crabs that live in the rocks on the shore. Tourists come and rent sieves and sand pales to search through the rocks for these little sea creatures.

But the week's main attraction was the Tsingtao International Beer Fest, which is held every year during Golden Week. Though my American friends and I really brought the international to the International Beer Fest, it was a wonderful experience with Chinese characteristics.

No comments: